As 2013 came to an end, I realized I had a very positive outlook for 2014. And as I spent the first day of the new year lounging around watching movies in my pj’s, I realized that I have an even more positive outlook now that it’s finally here! I feel so at peace with things finally! (Hence the picture of the wonderful looking beach we all would love to run away to).
So why do we get so excited about the numbers changing on the calendar? As some would say, it’s just another day.
There are so many exciting things about a new year. It’s an opportunity to start fresh, to reinvent yourself, to better yourself, accomplish goals. It gives every person something to look forward to as a new start in any aspect of their lives. It fills us with an invigorating sense of peace, excitement, and strength.
Whatever reasons you have to be excited for 2014, I hope it is an amazing year for each and every one of you! Here are a few reasons that I am excited 🙂
1. Wisdom teeth. Not something someone is normally excited for, but I will be happy to get rid of these not so wise extras.
2. Summer. I’ve missed the sunshine and getting to go to the beaches here. I can’t wait to have the sun on my skin again!
3. VTNE. Possibly get to finally take my certification tests and get them over with. Bring on the studying!
4. Anniversary of living in another state. Silly, but it’s exciting to know I’ve been out exploring life in this state for a whole year. Definitely glad I got the opportunity.
5. Last but not least… Starting the process to come home. I am extremely proud of my husband for all the years he’s put into the military. But we both agreed this will be the last full year he is enlisted, meaning we both get to come home for good. 🙂
What are you excited for in the year to come?